While it is fairly simple to take care of elements of block paving around your house, it's not completely maintenance free and to be able to keep your paving looking its best it will certainly need routine cleaning. There are likewise actions that one could take to avoid issues developing with the block paving and this can make the maintenance procedure a lot easier.
Let's have a look at the five points which will help keep the drive, path or patio area looking great for years to come:
- Keep unwanted weeds away. Unwanted weeds will not expand over the block paving from the surface area underneath, but they can start to grow within the joints in between the stones. Dealing with the area surrounding the joints with weed killer, even if you are yet to discover any unwanted weeds, can help stop this problem from developing. Prevention is definitely better than treatment in cases like this, as established weeds is usually difficult to shift completely once they have taken hold.
- Clean the paving frequently. Frequently washing your block paving can stop it looking dirty and worn out. The best method to completely clean your paving is to make up a solution of hot water and soap and to use this formula on the paving using a brush with tough bristles. These bristles can also help get rid of debris within the joints.
- Deal with algae as quickly as possible. For those who have block paving which is produced from natural stone, then you might encounter problems with algae, and these issues can start to reveal after just a brief amount of time. One of the most reliable methods to deal with algae is to apply regular household bleach, and this should be done as soon as you first discover the algae.
- Consider using a power washer. Making use of a power washer can really improve the look of one's block paving by washing away all the dirt and grime that has built up and help restore the paving to its original colour. This isn't a procedure that should be carried out too frequently however, as over use of power washers can harm the components that the paving is made of.
- Seal the joints of the paving. If you have a lot of issues with weeds and water getting into the joints of the paving, then making use of a sealer might help. This may help preserve the joints and might reduce the quantity of issues that you have with unwanted weeds. It can likewise extend the life of your block paving.
Maintaining your block paving doesn't have to be a difficult or time intensive task, and the more often it's performed, the simpler it will be the next time. If you never ever carry out any maintenance on your block paving, then at some point in the future you will begin to discover that it does not look as good as it used to, and the by the time you get to this point, it can be difficult to put things right.